Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Yucky Yucky Flu

Sunday was a terrible day for me. I went to bed feeling absolutely fine and woke up at 2:30 with the flu. I felt terrible. I was up every half hour to 45 minutes getting sick and the rest of the night I was tossing and turning. I hate being sick. Sometime around 4:00 AM Mike woke up to me getting sick and came into the bathroom. I will give him some credit for asking if I was ok first, but then he followed that with "Are you pregnant?". Seriously that would be the worst morning sickness ever! I knew it was going to be a rough day. I felt terrible and I knew I wouldn't be able to take care of Eli without a lot of help. Mike took Eli to 9:00 mass by himself so that I could try and get some rest. This was the first time Mike has taken Eli anywhere by himself. Then grandma and grandpa Reger came over at 11:00 to help out for a few hours. While they were here Mike finished the rest of his homework he had and they fed and played with Eli. They left around 1:00 and I nursed Eli and tried to get him down for a nap. He played for a little bit in his bed and then started crying. When Mike went to check on him he found that he had spit up everywhere. So we had to change Eli and wash his sheets and blankets from his bed. While I had Eli on the changing table and Mike was starting the laundry I had to yell for Mike to come help with Eli because I was going to be sick again. After that we brought Eli downstairs with us and I rocked him to sleep and let him take his nap laying on my chest in the recliner. I think he had been missing his mommy all day and I know that I had been missing him all day. It was very hard to be upstairs feeling miserable and not being able to be downstairs with my baby, but I am so thankful that Mike was able to be with Eli and that his parents were able to come help out. Yesterday I felt better, but I was completey wiped out. I felt so weak. Today I am feeling almost back to myself.




But even though I was sick life still goes on around here. On Sunday Eli pulled himself to standing for the first time!!! He was playing on the floor with his daddy and he crawled over to his leap frog table and pulled himself right up. I was so excited!!! I knew he would love this table and it would be good for him, but Mike didn't think it would be. Mommy knows best! :-) He also learned to pull himself up to the stairs. He hasn't figured out how to climb them yet, but I am sure that won't be long. He has only been crawling for a week and a half and he his already getting himself into trouble. He is constantly crawling into the kitchen and last Friday Eli got on his knees by the dvd player and before I could get over there he had the dvd in his hand!! Oops!

3 comments:

Beth said...

OH my goodness. Yeah, even when moms are sick we can't REALLY be sick, right? I think it's funny that Michael asked if you were pregnant :)

Morning sickness with a toddler wasn't all that fun either - I can relate. Glad you're feeling better and got a little rest!

Becky said...

I just hate the flu, i'm glad your feeling better. I was a little sick earlier today, so i went to lay down, and all 3 dogs of mine came over and layed down with me, it was so cute!

Sew said...

I can't imagine being sick with a toddler! I always think about that when I am sick! :) What the heck would I do??!!

Thank goodness you have help!

Thanks for stopping by...I love your blog with all the pics! I love pictures!!:)