Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Poor Baby Boy

Poor Eli just doesn't feel well. I took him to the doctor on Monday to get his second round of the flu shot. I was glad we were going to the doctors because Eli had a terrible cough and I could tell he didn't feel well. I really expected them to say it was just a cold and we had to just wait it out. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. Poor Eli has his first ear infection :-(, and because he had a fever we weren't able to get the flu shot. He has been on antibiotics since Monday night and he is finally starting to feel better. Monday night was terrible, I didn't think I was going to get any sleep at all. I finally got him to sleep in his crib (I could easily get him to sleep in my arms) around 2:30 and then he woke up at 6:45. Yesterday was much better. He was fever free for most of the day. He had a fever of 100.4 in the afternoon, but that is much better than Monday. Last night was a much better night. I got him to sleep at 8:30 and he woke up about 10:30, but I was able to get him back to sleep in his bed easily. When Mike went to get him at 10:30 he found something new. Eli was sitting up in his bed. He has been able to go from laying down to sitting up for a few weeks now, but he had never done it in his bed until now. I am sure it won't be too long before we find him standing in bed. :-) Hopefully today Eli will be fever free. I can definately see that the antibiotics are working and he is getting better. Seeing my little baby sick is the worst thing ever.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Poor Eli! Sick babies are so sad. That's pretty good that he didn't get his first ear infection until 10 months though! I think Ava was on antibiotics like 12 times her first year.