Monday, December 8, 2008

Family Dinner

This weekend we were able to do something new. We ate dinner together as a family. We have all eaten together many times, but on Saturday we all 3 ate the same thing. Eli got to join us in eating spaghetti. I have really been struggling to try and think of what I can feed him. I don't know why this is so hard for me. So on Saturday I was fixing us spaghetti and thought if I cut it up small enough he should be able to eat it. He absolutely loved it. Usually when we start something new he makes a face right away, even if he likes it. With the spaghetti there was no face. He ate the first bite and immediately opened his mouth for more. He ate so good. We had plenty of leftovers so I cut them up really small and put them in some baggies and put them in the freezer. So when we are having something for dinner that Eli can't really eat I can just warm him up some spaghetti.
Last night I decided I wasn't going to do baby food again and was just going to feed him what we were eating. Unfortunately he wasn't feeling the best and when I gave him a bite of my mashed potatoes it was like his little heart broke. It was very sad. So last night he ate his baby food.

On Friday night I noticed that Eli was getting a cough. I wasn't surprised, it seems like all of the kids I am watching either have a runny nose or a little cough. I guess Eli is just building up some immunities. On Saturday the cough seemed to get a little worse and he had a very low grade fever. Yesterday Eli woke up with a fever of 101 and I could just tell that he was miserable. He hadn't slept well at all the night before. Throughout the day yesterday his fever went up and down and his cough kept getting worse. I also noticed that he was grabbing his left ear. Again last night Eli didn't sleep well. From 8:30 to 2:30 he woke up every 30-45 minutes and needed his mama. He then slept from 2:30-6:45 and let mommy get a little sleep. Today Eli already has a doctors appointment to get his 2nd round of the flu shot so I will just have the Dr check him out and make sure he is ok. Eli made it almost 10 months without having to go to the Doctors for being sick, and now has had to go twice in the last 2 weeks. Poor baby boy.

No comments: