Tuesday, December 2, 2008

New Foods

So since Eli is 10 months old and has his 4 front teeth I figured we should probably start some table foods. Over Thanksgiving he got to try some mashed potatoes and some sweet potatoes and loved both of those. Yesterday I started Eli on some yogurt for breakfast. He made a terrible face with the first bite because it was so cold, but after the initial shock I couldn't feed him fast enough. He loved it. Yesterday I also started Eli with a banana. I tried cutting it up and putting it on his tray but he didn't want to touch it. So I mashed it up and fed it to him. For lunch today I fed him a banana again but this time I coated the cut pieces with smashed up cheerios (thank you Sam for that tip:-) ). He didn't mind touching them this way and he loved them. For dinner tonight I tried some peas and peaches. He wasn't too into the peas, but he loved the peaches. Each day we will just keep trying something new. That is the only way I know to do it.


Eating the banana...


Chewing the banana...


Loving the banana!!!!

No comments: