Thursday, December 25, 2008

Eli's First Christmas!!!

Eli had a wonderful Christmas! It was better than I could have asked for. I was so excited I could hardly sleep. I seriously woke up every couple of hours and just checked the time. I heard Eli around 6:00 and just when I was about to go get him he got quiet again and I knew he was asleep. So I went back to sleep. Finally at a little after 7:00 I was wide awake so I got up and took the dogs outside and turned on all the Christmas lights downstairs and waited for Eli to wake up. At 7:45 I heard him stirring so I went in there to talk to him so he wouldn't go back to sleep. I couldn't believe that he slept so late. When I brought him downstairs Mike had the video camera going so that we could get his reaction. He noticed everything right away. I sat him on my lap in front of the presents and he just sat there looking back and forth. I could tell he didn't know what to think. It took a little while, but he finally reched out for the toys. We had his giraffe rocker and his Vtech Train Station already set up for him. We let him play with those for awhile before we moved on.

Santa May have went a little overboard this year, but I think he was just so excited that it was Eli's first Christmas and he seemed to find everything on sale!! :-)

He eventually noticed the presents behind him and reached for one. We tore a little piece of the paper for him and let him rip it more. When he got a piece off he was so excited and would shake it in the air. He was more excited about the paper then the present, until he saw what was in the present. So we helped him open each of his presents and let him look at them. We decided that we weren't going to open them all right away because we wanted to be able to get through all his presents and hopefully have time for a morning nap. There were a few presents that he was so excited about that we had to get them out right away. My favorite memory was when he open up his dinosaurs that Mike picked out for him. The front of the package was clear plastic so he could see all the dinaosaurs. As soon as the paper was off he started pointing at each dinosaur. He kept trying to get closer and closer that he eventually sat on the box. We had to get the dinosaurs out right away. :-)

Checking out his drum


He was able to get this one dinosaur out!

Reading with Daddy, I thought this was so sweet

He wanted to see his dinosaurs!!
He really wanted to see his dinosaurs!!


After we finished opening the presents we showed Eli his stocking. In his stocking he had a stuffed Panda. Now for the past few weeks Eli has been pointing at the stockings anytime he sees them. When he saw that there was something in it he was very interested in it. When we gave him his panda he got the biggest smile on his face and hugged it. He then leaned over and gave it a kiss. It was the sweetest thing.

Pointing at the Panda



After Eli got his Panda we had breakfast. It is a tradition that we have cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Christmas morning. I was so glad that Eli got to have cinnamon rolls with us!


After breakfast Eli took a morning nap and we got the rest of his toys out and put together. When he woke up from his nap he was very excited to play with his toys. I stood him up behind his walking toy and he just took off with it. He got the biggest smile while walking with it!

No comments: