Sunday, August 31, 2008
Also this month Eli got his first cold. It was very sad. Those few days he just wanted to be held and mommy didn't mind at all. As soon as Eli got over his cold he got his second tooth. It was a little difficult to tell whether he was fussy because he didn't feel good from the cold, his tummy was bothering him, or he was teething.
I love every minute I spend with Eli. Even though I am very tired, I don't mind getting up with Eli in the middle of the night. I love holding him. And no matter how tired I am in the morning when I see Eli smiling at me it puts a huge smile on my face. Eli is definately worth the sleepless night.
I look forward to seeing what September has to bring.
Saturday, August 30, 2008
There he is!!! Today we did this probably 20 times in a row. He would get so excited that I wouldn't even get the sentence out before he would pull the blanket off of his face smiling. I love it!
Thursday, August 28, 2008
He sure loves his sweet potatoes!! It is so cute. He gets the biggest smile after every bite! I love it. He even started laughing when I would bring the spoon to his mouth. It is so adorable. I hope that I can get it on the video camera. I love this little boy so much!!! :-)
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
This is what happened when we were all done.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Sunday, August 24, 2008
As for Eli and his cold, I think he is doing better. He still has a runny nose, but that could be because he is teething. It was difficult to tell what was bothering him this weekend. It was a guessing game between his cold, teeth, and tummy ache.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Eli sleeping in his rocky chair
Sitting on Daddy's lap when he had a fever:(
Checking out his new toy and feeling much better :)
Everything goes right to the mouth!!
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Saturday, August 16, 2008
The field from the main concession stand
Us infront of the field
Eli standing on the one small corner of the field that wasn't blocked off!
His true feelings of being on grass, especially when tired!
This is the picture I wanted to get on the field, in our living room isn't the same!
Thursday, August 14, 2008
It is 10:00. I finally got Eli to sleep about 45 minutes ago and he is already waking up. I think this is going to be a long night. My poor baby boy :-(
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
1) I hope to someday have at least 5 kids! I love that I come from a big family. I am very close to my sisters now. I hope my children will be as close as I am to my sisters.
2) I wish I was closer to my older brother Kory. He is such a great guy and a great father.
3) I used to play soccer growing up, and yes it is a sport! I actually wasn't too bad at it. I gave it up when I was a freshman so that I could be a cheerleader.
4) Sam has been my best friend since the first day of 3rd grade when we sat next to each other. Now I am lucky to have my 3 best friends in my life; Sam, Joanna, and Irene are the greatest.
5) If I could change one thing about my wedding I would have my friend Irene in it. Other than that it was absolutely perfect.
6)I believe that I had a miscarriage so that I would find strength in God and join the catholic church. It is important for me to have my family go to church together. I had planned on joing the Catholic Church but I had not thought about when and after I had the miscarriage I felt very strong that I wanted to become Catholic before I had children so that are family would be centered around God.
7) I love watching reality TV (not the trashy stuff). If I watch a show once I am hooked. Here are a few of my favorites: Jon and Kate Plus 8, America's Next Top Model, Project Runway, Big Brother, The Amazing Race, The Bachelor, and Tori and Dean Home Sweet Hollywood. Thank heavens these shows aren't on at the same time.
8) I used to wish that I was shorter. I am taller than all my sisters and all of my friends. I am even taller than my dad. Now that I am a Reger I don't feel so tall.
9) I love the ocean, but it I am a little scared of it. Being swept to sea, shark attacks no thanks. I will just enjoy the beautiful view.
10) I still haven't finished the last Harry Potter book. I think deep down I don't want to because I know that there won't be another one. I finished all of the other ones in the first week.
11) I have been to Disney World 3 times, and I can't wait to go with my own family someday soon!
12) I love to take pictures of Eli, I wan't to capture everything. Mike thinks that I take too many pictures.
13) The first time Mike and I hung out we watched Bruce Almighty, the night before Eli was born we watched Evan Almighty.
14) Eli didn't have a name for the first 2 hours of his life. Mike and I couldn't agree. So Mike finally gave in since I did all the pushing. :-) We had planned on betting on the Super Bowl. If the Giants won we would use the name Eli, and if the Patriots won we would use the name Noah. Unfortunately that didn't work because Eli came 3 weeks early. We must have picked the right name because unexpectedly the Giants beat the Patriots!!! :-)
15) I love to go for walks. I think it is so peaceful. I use to go for walks with my mom all the time. I hope my kids enjoy going for walks someday. I wish that Mike liked to go for walks, but that isn't something he enjoys. Reggie and Maggie love going for walks, unfortunately it is too much to take them and push a stroller.
16) I love going to the movies. Before Eli was born Mike and I would go all the time. Now not so much. It will probably be awhile before I get to go to the movies. But that is ok. I don't think I am ready to leave Eli for that long yet. I want to be able to enjoy the movie!
17) The first movie I saw without an adult was The Mask. I was going to the movies with my family. Jackie and I didn't want to see the same movie that my mom, Katie and Tracy wanted to see. So Jackie and I went to see The Mask by ourselves. It felt very grown up.
18) Pizza is my absolute favorite food! I could eat it everyday. Yummy. Pizza Hut is the best, and Papa John's is the worst. I like it pretty plain and simple, just cheese, maybe a little sausage once in awhile!
19) Growing up I didn't like dogs. We had 1 dog, a couple cats, and I had a bunny. I wasn't mean to the dog, I just didn't care for him. Now I absolutely love my 2 dogs, Reggie and Maggie. Before Eli was born they were my babies. They still are my babies, but they are a step below Eli.
20) I am addicted to Facebook. I think it is a great way to keep intouch with friends. I also love to put up pictures of Eli. I usually add pictures each week.
21) I have over 250 stuffed Winnie the Pooh Bears. I used to collect them and soon I plan to share them with Eli and my future children. About 95% of these bears are from the Disney store because I only collected the "real" ones.
22) When I was born my mom had planned on spelling my name Jenny but someone gave her an embroidered gift with my name spelled Jennie. So until I was in 5th grade my name was spelled Jennie. Then I thought it would be cool to change the spelling of my name and since it is Jennifer on my birth certificate I can spell Jenni however I want. So I thought it would be cool to drop the "e" at the end of my name. Suprisingly it actullay stuck and I have been Jenni ever since.
23) My favorite tv show of all times is FRIENDS!!!! I absolutlely love it. We own all ten seasons of it and I still watch the reruns on tv every chance I get. I also heard they are talking about doing a FRIENDS movie. If this is true I will be the first in line to see it.
24) I have known for a long time that I wanted to be a teacher. (I wanted to teach until I became a mom) :-) But growing up I used to say that I wanted to be a game show host. More specifically I wanted to be the host of the Price is Right when Bob Barker left. That didn't happen. I haven't even watched it since he left. It just isn't the same. I wish I would have gone to it while Bob was still the host.
25) My biggest pet peeve is when people wait to merge in traffic until the last second. When you see that a lane is ending it is just polite to get over into the next lane when you have a chance. I hate it when people wait until the last second and don't even look. They just expect everyone else to slow down and let them in. I am a pretty patient driver, but this really seems to bug me.
Monday, August 11, 2008
Saturday, August 9, 2008
On Friday we had a cookout with some friends at the house. It was such a nice day. It really cooled off in the evening so we got to hang out outside. Lately it has been too hot to go outside with Eli. (my tan has definately suffered this summer) Eli had fun outside. He sat in the grass for the first time. I stood his barefeet on the grass and he just looked at it for a second and then bent over and reached for it. It was so neat to watch him and see that he was wondering what this stuff was that he had never felt before. I sat him up in the grass and he just looked around. I got a few pictures of him and then he decided that he wasn't too fond of the grass and started to cry. Each day brings something new for us. It is just amazing!
We also had an exciting day today. Four weeks exactly after Eli rolled over for the first time he finally rolled over again!!! YAY!!! We were playing on the floor together and he just rolled over. I cheered, picked him up, and cried just a little :) I then put him back on the floor and he rolled over again. It was just as exciting as the first time he rolled over. I got out the video camera and he was done. Maybe next time I will get it on camera, hopefully it won't take another four weeks. At least this time there was another witness. Aunt Jackie had a front row seat to see Eli roll over.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Luke: 8 days old Eli: 6 months and 8 days old
Grandma with #12 and #13!!!
Cousins and best friends : Grace and Olivia, playing dressup :)
I am so glad that Eli will grow up with lots of cousins that are close to his age. I hope that they will always be close.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
I think about this day often!!!
Monday, August 4, 2008
You can see all of his pictures at this website:
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Look at how great he can sit up now :)
Watching the game: GO COLTS!!
Isn't he the cutest!!