Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fun Summer Walk

Tonight Eli and I went for a walk. We have done this before, but he has never enjoyed it. He would always cry within 10 minutes. Today we went on a walk for half an hour. We could have gone longer but it was time for Eli to eat. He was so laid back. He just sat there chewing on his toys as we walked. I loved it. I will definately be doing more of this as long as Eli lets me. I would love to the Reggie and Maggie with us, but it doesn't work. I tried that one day last week and we only lasted about 5 minutes before we came home. I enjoy walks because they are relaxing. Taking Reggie and Maggie and trying to push a stroller is anything but relaxing.

Since adding food for Eli we have gotten into a better schedule during the day. He even took a longer afternoon nap today. It has been great. I hope this means that he will be sleeping better soon. Last night was one of the worst nights that we have had. He woke at 2:00 for 30 minutes, then he woke up screaming at 3:00 and had such a tummy ache that he was wide awake. I gave him some gas medicine, but since he was awake he actually wanted to play! So I gave him a bottle of water to play with. I finally got him to sleep at 4:15 and the he woke at 5:00. From 5:00 to 7:30 he would only stay asleep in my arms. So needless to say it was a rough night. He is still so gassy and I can just assume that it is the cereal. As I have been adding more food I have been decreasing the amount of cereal I have been giving him. If I don't notice a difference soon I will just get rid of the cereal. Hopefully we can get this figured out soon. I feel so bad for him.
This is Eli at 3:00 in the morning

He sure loves his sweet potatoes!! It is so cute. He gets the biggest smile after every bite! I love it. He even started laughing when I would bring the spoon to his mouth. It is so adorable. I hope that I can get it on the video camera. I love this little boy so much!!! :-)

2 comments:

Beth said...

Take Michael with you and make him walk the dogs!

I don't think babies really need cereal all that much. He's still getting almost ALL of his nutrition from milk for the first year. I think veggies and fruits and stuff just get them used to eating solid food. We didn't give Madeleine cereal too much. We probably went through one box of rice and one box of oatmeal in 6 months. Then I started giving her real rice and oatmeal around 9 or 10 months.

Ty and Michelle Lewis said...

Ahh! I hope things get better for you! That sounds like you had a pretty hard night...Those pictures are so sweet though.

That's funny you said that about your dogs... I feel the same with ours. Hank is such a good dog but we have so many lizards out here that he just goes nuts on a walk! He loves to chase them! I only take him if Ty goes with us and that doesn't happen very often because in the evening its still 100 degrees! I can't wait for winter out here!