Sunday, August 31, 2008

Goodbye August

I can't believe how fast August has flown by. What a fun crazy month it has been. Eli rolled over a few more times. I know he can roll over, but he just doesn't want to. He can totally sit up on his own now and that makes him hate tummy time even more. Also this month we started Eli on baby food. He loves it. His very first baby food was sweet potatoes. We started a second food today. The plan was to move onto squash but because of some tummy problems we decided to go with prunes. He seemed to like the prunes too. Hopefully that will help his tummy troubles. This month has been a little crazy in the sleep department. There wasn't one night in August that Eli slept through the night. This past week we dropped the cereal and I am already noticing a difference. He is definately less gassy. So hopefully we will be sleeping better soon. We can only hope :-)
Also this month Eli got his first cold. It was very sad. Those few days he just wanted to be held and mommy didn't mind at all. As soon as Eli got over his cold he got his second tooth. It was a little difficult to tell whether he was fussy because he didn't feel good from the cold, his tummy was bothering him, or he was teething.
I love every minute I spend with Eli. Even though I am very tired, I don't mind getting up with Eli in the middle of the night. I love holding him. And no matter how tired I am in the morning when I see Eli smiling at me it puts a huge smile on my face. Eli is definately worth the sleepless night.
I look forward to seeing what September has to bring.

No comments: