Friday, August 22, 2008

First Cold :-(

Eli got his first cold this week. It has been so sad. My poor little boy just hasn't felt well at all. Tuesday evening Eli took a long nap, his evening naps are usually very short if he takes one at all. He woke up coughing and crying. He cried for about 25 minutes before I could calm him down. That evening we noticed he sounded congested and it just seemed to get worse as the night went on. I finally got Eli to sleep at 9:45 and decided to go to bed because I was so tired. At 10:15 Eli woke up crying. It was a rough night. He would sleep fine on my shoulder, but as soon as I would lay him down he would wake right up. So we spent most of the night sitting on the couch. On Wednesday the congestion sounded worse and he had a fever all day. He just wanted to be held all day, which mommy didn't mind. He was very fussy and when he cried it sounds like he is saying mama. It was very sad, but it gives me hope that he will say mama first. Also on Wednesday his nose started running. He absolutely hated having his nose wiped. Boy can he scream. Wednesday night was still rough. He woke up about every hour and a half, but at least I was able to put him and get some sleep myself. Thursday was better. His fever was gone, but I could tell he still didn't feel well. He was still a little congested and had a runny nose. The lack of sleep was really starting to take a toll on me so Thursday night Mike was able to take the first shift and was up with him until 3:00 so I could sleep and then we switched. It was so great. I actually got 5 consecutive hours of sleep. I definately needed it. Today Eli is feeling a little bit better. He is still a little congested, but it is much better. His nose is hardly running anymore which is good news to him. He has been much more playful today. I was actually able to put him in the exersaucer for a little bit and get some cleaning done. And tonight Daddy put together one of Eli's toys and he was very excited about it. I am very glad we have made it through Eli's first cold. Only now both Mike and I have sore throats. Hopefully we will be able to get some sleep tonight and we will all be felling well soon. :-)


Eli sleeping in his rocky chair

Sitting on Daddy's lap when he had a fever:(

Checking out his new toy and feeling much better :)

Everything goes right to the mouth!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

It's so sad when they are sick!

(But that looks like a fun toy!)