Monday, August 11, 2008

Finally!!

Eli is 6 months and 12 days old and Daddy changed his first diaper today!!!! I need to remember this date. He seems to think it is a one and done deal, but he has another thing coming. :-) He did such a great job!
So I am happy to report that 3 weeks after Eli started cereal he is finally sleeping better. He is still waking up once to eat, but that is great compared to waking up 4 to 5 times a night. And he has been sleeping in his crib. Since Eli's tummy seems to be doing better I decided to adjust his feeding schedule. I had been nursing Eli in the morning when he wakes up, then cereal about 1 1/2 hours later. This hasn't been going too well because he wasn't very hungry for his cereal. I tried switching to doing cereal first and then nursing, but he was too sleepy to do cereal first. So today I nursed him when he woke up and held off his cereal until lunch time. It worked out great. When I fed him his cereal at lunch time he was hungry for it. He would take a bite and then open his mouth immediately for another bite. He ate every last drop, and he barely made a mess. I think this change in schedule is going to work best for us, and I don't know if this is just a coincidence or not, but he took the best afternoon nap today. It was almost 2 1/2 hours. I hope this becomes the trend.


1 comment:

Beth said...

OH MY GOSH I'm about to fall over in my chair!!! MICHAEL CHANGED A DIAPER!!!!