Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What a Fun Day!


Today was such a fun day. A friend of mine needed someone to watch her little boy at the last minute so she could substitute teach so I said sure. Kellen will be 1 in a few weeks. He and Eli were very cute together. Kellen isn't crawling yet so both of the boys just sat with the toys. I kept handing the boys new toys and when they would see the toy the other one had they would reach for it. It worked out because they were just constantly switching toys. Or sometimes Kellen would reach for Eli's toy and Eli would reach for Kellen's hair. Kellen has a lot of hair. This was good practice for me because I plan on watching other kids soon.

It has been almost a week now since we have taken Eli off of the cereal. Immediately I could see a difference. Right away he was no longer gassy. Unfortunately he was still waking up at night because he was a little bit constipated. So we started him on prunes this week. All I can say is the prunes worked! We went through 3 outfits today and had 2 baths, and this was with my favorite brand of diapers. Hopefully this means he will sleep better.

We had a near disater this week. On Monday our laptop started acting up. As the day went on it was getting worse. So before it crashed Mike copied everything onto a CD. He then reformatted the laptop and wiped everything off to start over. When he went to put back the files he had saved everything was gone. That meant all of Mike's graduate school work from the past 2 years, all of our pictures, and all of our videos. I wasn't too upset about the pictures because I have uploaded so many pictures onto facebook and I knew I could get those back, but the videos devastated me. Me had videos from bringing Eli home from the hospital, his first bath, his baptism, and random videos from here at home. I couldn't believe they were gone. Luckily Mike knew how important everything was and he spent the next 2 days slaving over the laptop and was actually able to recover a lot. He got some of his work, a lot of pictures, and I think all of our videos. I am so happy we got our videos back. I just want to watch them over and over. Now we have everything backed up so we will never lose it.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I knew those prunes would work :)

I'm glad you were able to save everything on the laptop!!