Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Naps

It is amazing that how the day goes really depends on how Eli naps. If Eli gets 2 good naps I can get so much done. Not just while he is sleeping, but also while he is awake. If he doesn't nap well he can be a little cranky when he wakes up and I end up just holding him. I am trying to get him into a routine with napping the same time everyday. I feed Eli around 7:30 in the morning and then I try to get him down for a nap around 9:30. A good morning nap would be an hour. Then we can play for a little while til lunch. I feed Eli lunch around 11:30 and then nurse him at 12:30. I have been trying to get him to take an afternoon nap around 1:00. On the days that I have gotten him down for a nap at 1:00 he has slept for 2 hours. It is just hit or miss right now. I have also been having a lot of trouble getting him to go to sleep on his own. He was doing pretty well before the tummy troubles started but while he was having his tummy aches he needed me to rock him to sleep. Now I think he is just used to me rocking him to sleep. He does better a little better going to sleep at night. 3 out of he last 5 nights he has went to sleep on his own, but nap time is a different story. I am hoping that once I get him on a set nap schedule each day it will be easier to lay him down and let him fall asleep on his own. It is just too hard to sit there and let him scream in his crib. I love him way to much to do that.

No comments: