Sunday, September 7, 2008

Its time to do some catching up

Since our computer troubles I haven't been able to geton here too much so I have been saving some things to blog about.


Last weekend Mike got to take a tour of Conseco Fieldhouse and see where the Pacers play. It was a special tour for less than 400 people so he was pretty excited. He went with is dad and brother in-law Ken. They got to see the locker room, gym where they work out, practice court and more. The best part was that Larry Bird was a speaker there. Mike said they were about 15 feet away from Larry Bird. I would have liked to have been to see it myself. I know how important Larry Bird is to Mike. He wanted to name Eli Larry Bird Reger. While he was there he got something for Eli. There were little basketballs decorating the tables and Mike brought one home for Eli. It is a neat ball. It has a picture of Larry Bird, the coach and the Pacers team. Eli loves it!!



I have been looking for a high chair for Eli for awhile. He had been using the bumbo seat to eat, but now he arches his back while sitting in the bumbo seat so we needed to get him a high chair. We don't have a lot of room for a big high chair so we decided to get him a little booster seat instead. He does great in it. And he looks adorable.



We also decided to work with Eli on drinking from a sippy cup. Now with each meal I give him drinks from his sippy cup. I took the stopper out so he would be able to get water out right away. He took to it immediately. He go a little bit of water in his mouth and started sucking on it. The only thing he still needs to figure out is that he has to tip it up to get water out.







Not only did Eli get a sippy cup and a booster seat, while we were out at Target I found the cutest pair of shoes for Eli. He hasn't been wearing shoes because his feet are too chubby. I had gotten him a pair of sandles for the summer, but they left marks on his feet. His new shoes are really soft and soooooo cute. I love them. Eli wasn't to sure of them. He thought they were new toys.



Grandma stopped by for a visit today and had a special present for Eli. She knows how much Eli loves his taggie blanket so she made him some new ones. She made a bunch and was letting us choose which one we wanted for Eli. It was so cute. I was holding Eli while she was showing us. Each time she laid one on the table Eli would reach for it. He loves these blankies. We ended up and couldn't decide between 2 and when we held them up for Eli he grabbed them both and immediately hugged them. Needless to say, Grandma gave them both to Eli. He is such a lucky boy to be so loved.



I think I found a baby food that Eli doesn't care for. I have been starting a new food on Thursdays and Sundays. We had already had sweet potatoes, prunes, and squash. Today we started peas. I have been giving Eli 1 1/2 jars for lunch and dinner. I gave him the 1/2 jar of sweet potatoes and then switched to the peas. With the first bite he made a funny face and with the second bite he cried. I tried a few more bites and he kept crying. Finally I gave in and gave him some more sweet potatoes. At dinner I decided to try them again. This time I did the peas first. He ate them but I could tell they weren't his favorite.

2 comments:

Irene said...

Love the pics, he's too darn cute! We really need to see more of each other!

Beth said...

Aw! We have the same booster seat. Whenever I would feed Ava or Madeleine baby food peas, Grace would have to go sit out on the screened porch :)