Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Remembering Our Angel

Today is a very special day for us. December 3, 2006 was the due date for our first pregnancy. I will always remember this date. I think of our little Angel in heaven very often and I know that heaven is the right place. God is taking care of our angel. At the time it was very hard for me, but I believe that everything happens for a reason. I believe that the reason I lost my angel was so that God could lead me to becoming Catholic. Since I had gotten married I had planned on becoming Catholic but didn't know when. After losing the baby I realized how important it was to me. I wanted to raise our children Catholic, and I wanted to be apart of every aspect of it. I wanted to fully understand it so that I could explain it to my children. If we would have had children before I became Catholic I don't know when I would have done it. I seem to have trouble leaving my child. :-) I thank God for leading me to become Catholic. I truly feel whole because of it. I know that this is the path I am supposed to take in life, and looking back I wouldn't change anything. If we had our angel then we probably wouldn't have Eli, and I wouldn't give him up for anything.


My Mom has made us a very special Christmas Tree Skirt. It says Mommy, Daddy, Elijah Kent, and there is room for all the names of our future children. It also has a very special little angel on it. It is so great to have out at this time of year.

I love you little angel of mine!

4 comments:

Becky said...

That tree skirt is gorgeous! Your so lucky to have such a great family airloom (sp?). I'm not sure if i've commented on your blog before, but i see we both read of few of the same blogs, so for the last few weeks i've been reading yours too!
I went to Indiana 2 weeks ago and drove by the new Colts stadium, wow so beautiful. We went to a Pacers baskerball game downtown. I see your a colts fan, me too! But since i live in Florida, i really follow Tam Bay Buccs.
Any ways your son is so cute, i hope to have one just as cute one day!
Keep up the great blogging and all the awesome photos!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you and how you have your prioroties right. I wish I could have been like you when I was young! I am so happy to have you as my "daughter"!

Anonymous said...

I am not really "anonymous".I just can't figure this out...technically challenged!!

Tara said...

Your mom is just so great!! That is such a beautiful skirt! What a great thing to always have! I wish I could make things like that!!! I especially love the little angel!! Love you Jenni!!! :)