Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Teething Is No Fun!!!

I swear Eli is constantly teething. His bottom 2 teeth came in no problem. He got one at 6 months and one at 7 months. They each took about a week to come in and weren't too painful. His top teeth are a different story. He got one around 8 months and one around 9 months and they both took about 3 weeks to come in completely. They also seemed to be much more painful. He just got his 4th tooth a few weeks ago but I think we are teething agian. I can feel at least 1 more on its way and there could be more. His mouth is very sensitive right now so I can't really check to see if and where they are coming in at.

Eli is also still having some tummy issues. I thought it was getting better, but this week has been pretty bad. We have already had to do prunes twice this week. It is a good thing that they work. It was really bad on Monday night. I could tell all day on Monday he was having a hard time going and was a little fussy. He went to bed at 7:30 just fine. He then woke up at 12:00 screaming. I tried to comfort him but he was so upset. Usually if I can't get him back to sleep all I have to do is nurse him and he goes back to sleep. He was refusing to eat. I tried nursing him and he just screamed harder. He has never done this before. I finally got him back to sleep at 1:30 and the he woke up again at 5:00 screaming again and refusing to eat. I got him back to sleep at 6:00 and then he was up for the day at 7:00. I fed him some prunes for breakfast and then tried to nurse him at 9:30 before his nap. He was still refusing to nurse. I decided to try pumping and giving him a bottle to try and get him to eat something. He drank 3 oz out of the bottle which is better then nothing. At this point I was starting to get worried, but by lunch he had filled his diaper twice and was fine to nurse before his afternoon nap. He goes back to the Dr at the beginning of Dec for the 2nd dose of his flu shot so I will ask the Dr about this then. Until then I will just be thankful for prunes!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I definitely think it could be the teething that makes him not want to nurse. I think that it hurts their gums. Have you any teething remedies? Camillia worked great for us and a lot of people swear by those Hylands tablets.