Friday, November 28, 2008

Christmas Time!

It is officially Christmas time!!!! The day after Thanksgiving means it is time to get ready for Christmas. So that is exactly what I have been doing. Eli and I got up early this morning and went Christmas shopping. I was a little nervous about taking him out so early, but it worked out better than I could have imagined. He has been waking up once to eat lately so I just got him up at 4:00 and fed him and got him in his carseat and headed to Walmart. I left Eli in his carseat and hooked that to the stroller. I figured he would fall right back asleep but he stayed awake for a little bit. I got what I needed at Walmart and we headed out of there. It was way to crazy for us. We then went to Meijer, which is right across the street. Eli fell asleep on the way to Meijer. I got what I needed at Meijer and headed out. Our next stop was Walgreens but it didn't open til 7:00. I stopped and got some gas and then got some breakfast from McDonalds and made it to Walgreens by 6:15 to sit and wait. Eli was sound asleep. He woke up when we were going into Walgreens and looked around and jabbered so I figured we would just head home after Walgreens. We got we needed and got back in the car. I started to head home and Eli fell back to sleep so I decided to head over to Kohls and meet up with my mom and Jackie. I got what I needed and made it home by 8:30, Eli was still asleep. I had to wake him up. I am so glad that I went. I got some really great deals and it definately put me in the Christmas mood!!!


Since I was in the mood for Christmas we decided to decorate our Christmas tree. This was Eli's first Christmas tree experience. It was so wonderful. Eli wasn't too sure what we were doing, but he was very interested in the tree, especially when we turned on the lights. We had him sitting near the tree and he got on the floor and rolled over to it and looked up at the lights. It was very sweet. I can tell I am going to be taking a lot pictures in the weeks to come!!! I am so excited for Eli's first Christmas and my first Christmas as a mommy!

No comments: