Monday, November 24, 2008

Fun Weekend

Eli and I had a great weekend. On Saturday we went up to Fowler visit my dad and stepmom. Eli loved checking out all of their toys and he was pretty fascinated by their cat Snoopy. It was a lot of fun getting to spend the night there. We usually don't get to stay overnight because of Reggie and Maggie, but since Mike had class and wasn't able to come with us he got to stay home with the puppies. I was a little nervous how Eli would do sleeping since we haven't stayed away from home very much. I was trying to rock him to sleep and he was fighting me so I decided just to lay him down in the pack and play and let him cry for a few minutes and then try again. He fussed for a few minutes and then was sound asleep. I was shocked. While visiting in Fowler Eli learned something new. I have been trying for the longest time to get Eli to clap and he just wasn't interested. On Saturday my dad was trying to get Eli to clap and he did. I guess he just wanted to clap for his Papa. It was very cute.



Eli and Grandma Williams



Eli and Papa Williams



The dolphin was getting Eli and he thought it was so funny!!

He found his reflection!

Checking out Snoopy with Papa!!!


On Sunday we got together with some of my friends from high school. It was so great to catch. It was just like old times, except now we all have babies!! It has been 3 1/2 years since all 4 of us have gotten together. A lot has changed since then, but it is good to see that our friendship hasn't. And now that we all have babies there are so many stories to catch up on and share. It was great to let the babies play while we got caught up. Eli was a little stand offish at first. I think he was just tired. I laid him down in Sienna's bed and he fell right asleep. I couldn't believe it. When he woke up and I fed him he was in a much better mood. Then he really wanted to check out the toys. There was one toy in particular that he liked. We stood him up next to the little walker and he just started walking with it. I couldn't believe it. I thought for sure he would just lean forward until he fell. He walked across the room, I turned him around, and he walked back. I sure hope he is getting a toy like this for Christmas!!

Me and Eli (9 months), Tara (Baby Brielle due in Jan), Sam and Sienna(almost 1), Michelle and Landon(5 months)


It wasn't easy to get the 3 of them to sit still for a picture, but this on turned out pretty good!


Eli walking with the toy!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hm,does he need a toy like that for Christmas??