Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Eli's First Dr Appointment

Today Eli had to go to the Dr. Technically this isn't his first Dr appointment, but this was the first time he has gone because he was sick and not just for a check up. My poor baby boy just doesn't feel well. I noticed monday Afternoon that Eli felt a little warm, but figured it was probably jus his teeth. As the evening went on I notice that his fever was getting worse. Before he went to bed he had a temperature of 101.4. I gave him some tylenol and got him to sleep. Eli still had a fever between 101 and 102 all day Tuesday. He also stopped eating his baby food. Eli never refuses food so I knew something wasn't right. He also kept spitting up mucus. He was so miserable. He woke up this morning with a fever of 101.6. So I called the Dr. They were concerned that it could be an ear infection and had me bring him in. Luckily his ears are good, but the Dr. said his throat looked red and irritated. Unfortunately we just have to ride this one out with tylenol and motrin. I do think his fever is going doing already. The Dr said the if he still had a fever tomorrow he probably shouldn't be around baby Sunjay since he is only 1 week old. So hopefully he wakes up fever free so we can all enjoy our Thanksgiving and so my baby boy feels better. It just breaks my heart when he doesn't feel well.

1 comment:

Beth said...

OH, poor Eli! I hope he didn't get it from M. She just now got over her cold - it took a full two weeks.

Have a great Thanksgiving and we'll see you on Saturday!!