Friday, October 3, 2008

October is Here

I can't believe that it is already October. These past 8 months have gone by so fast. In the past month Eli has learned some new things. He has been giving us fives, sticking out his tongue, scooting backwards (on occassion), and trying to pull himself up. He still loves to stand up and he is actually gaining some balance. He can even balance for a few seconds at a time now. He still isn't sure what to do when he gets to his hands and knees, but I think he is getting more comfortable. He has started rocking back and forth and he will try to move his arms but the legs are stuck. It is so fun to watch him. He eventually falls to his tummy and then gets upset. This boy sure hates tummy time. He would much rather sit up and play.


He is still having trouble sleeping through the night. It really differs day to day. I do think that it is getting better, but every once in awhile he will wake up 3-4 times in a night. He has had a little cold this week so his sleeping habits have been worse, but he did great last night. He went to bed around 8:30 and he woke up a little bit around 10:00 and I thought we were in for a rough night, but he went right back to sleep. He woke up at 1:30 and I fed him and got him back to sleep. Now it is almost 8:00 this morning and he is still asleep. Yay :-)


I can't believe that it is already fall, but I am so excited for the upcoming months. I am very excited for Halloween and Thanksgiving, but I am so excited for Eli's first Christmas. I am already thinking of what toys would be good for him at that age. It is going to be so much fun.

2 comments:

Becky said...

so cute!

Beth said...

I can't WAIT for him to give me a high five :)