Monday, June 21, 2010

Swimming!!!!

On Saturday we got our pool set up in the backyard! Eli was so excited about it. We set it up in the morning and then ran some errands and told Eli that we had to wait until after nap to swim so the water could warm up. After I started to fill the pool I noticed that it was at a little bit of an incline but it was too heavy to move. I thought we would have to try a different spot next time but it actually worked out perfect. There was a deep side where Eli could jump and swim and splash like crazy and there was a shallow side where Jude could just sit and play! Eli had a blast in the pool! He just jumps right in with no fear. Well almost no fear, he doesn't like the bugs in the pool! :-) Jude had fun too. I got in with him so he could swim too. At first he just wanted me to hold him but I eventually got him to sit on my lap and then I moved him onto the pool bottom and then he kept trying to crawl away. We didn't get to stay out too long because the water was still pretty chilly and both boys were shivering.
Ready to Swim!
Momma and Jude
Of course we need the basketball hoop by the pool (that was Eli's idea!)

Sunday was a much better day for swimming. I wasn't planning on swimming with Jude so I only got Eli in swim gear and brought a blanket and toys out for Jude. It was so hot that he just laid down. I decided that it was too hot for him to just sit outside so I stripped him down to his onesie and plopped him in the pool. He had a BLAST!!!! He splashed and splashed! He also kept trying to crawl away from me. I wish I could have gotten a few pictures of Jude in the water, but when Jude is in the water I am right there with him! The boys played great together too. Eli kept bringing Jude toys to play with and they would splash together. Jude loved it when Eli would swim across the pool towards him. They both got to laughing so hard that I was laughing too. We are going to have so much fun this summer!
My little swimmer!
Jumping
Playing Ball
Too hot for Bubba Jude
I think Jude wanted back in!

1 comment:

Megan said...

So cute, Jenni! Back yard pools are the best! :)