Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Jude's First Ear Infection :-(

Poor Bubba Jude just doesn't feel well today. He has been fighting a little cold since last week but I couldn't decide if I thought it was teeth or something more. He had a runny nose that was clear and a few soft diapers and had been a little cranky. He is so close to getting his 2 top teeth that I figured that was all it was. Over the weekend he started to sound a little congested and he sure didn't like that. Poor baby couldn't breathe through his nose and I think it scared him. On Friday I ended up sitting in the bathroom with him while I ran the shower as hot as can be so he could breathe in the steam and that helped the congestion a little bit. He wasn't running any fever so I just figured it was his teeth with a little cold. This morning he woke up with a fever of 100.9 and was super clingy and cuddly. I knew that was a little high for a teething fever so I kept checking his temperature and even with Tylenol it never broke 100. After lunch his fever was 102 and wouldn't come down so I made an appointment with the doctor. Poor baby has his first ear infection. Hopefully the antibiotic will help him get back to his smiley self.
Poor baby doesn't feel well

2 comments:

Megan said...

Poor little guy! I hope he feels better soon! Avery had her first and only ear infection to date when she was almost 9 months old, and our pediatrician said that if kids go that long before their first one, then they will probably be mostly ear infection free kids! So that's good news, right?

Beth said...

Oh Jude! Poor little guy! You and your cousin can be on antibiotics at the same time.