Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Weekend (Saturday)

On Saturday we headed over to the Yogi Bear Camp site where my sister Tracy was camping with her family. It was an absolutely wonderful day. Everyone in my family was there except my 2 nieces Sydney and Kayla. We hadn't seen some of my family since January so I was ready to see everyone! It was great to be at the camp ground as well. I went camping a lot growing up and it just reminded me of how fun it could be. I hope that we will take the boys camping when they get a little older. Right now I feel like they are too young to do most of the camping activities. Eli was pretty well entertained at the camp site thanks to my sister Katie. She brought their little basketball hoop and Eli was set! He loves to play basketball and I was so happy to see how well he shared and took turns with his cousins! It kept him entertained and gave me a chance to visit.
Eli's kind of camping
Eli was pretty excited when he saw his cousins!
Basketball can be exhausting
visiting with Papaw
Cutie Nephew Sunjay
Cutie Nephew Luke

The older cousins were all tye dying tshirts so we headed over to the playground. The playground was a little big for Eli so he walked around with Daddy while Jude got to try swinging for the first time.
Checking out the big Yogi Bear
Jude had fun swinging

It was a gorgeous day and super warm so some of us headed to the pool. It was nap time for Jude so he got to sleep on Grandma's shoulder while I took Eli to swim. Eli had a blast. At first he was a little nervous about all the splashing and wouldn't let go of my neck, but by the time we left he kept trying to swim away from me. He also had a blast swimming with his Aunt Jackie and Cousin Jessica. I think he caught them by surprise when he told them "It's so beautiful" about the pool. He says that all the time about being outside but they sure got a kick out of it. I had so much fun swimming with my sisters and the little ones. The big kids went swimming too, but they were too busy to pause for a picture. :-) We didn't stay too long at the pool because Eli was really shivering. The older kids headed over to the park but since there wasn't much for Eli to do at the park we headed back to the camp site to check on Bubba Jude and he was just waking up as we got back.
Tracy, Lily, Me and Eli, Sunjay, Katie, Maya, Jackie and Jess (I clearly need a tan) Eli and Mommy swimming
Eli with Aunt Jackie and cousin Jessica Jude and Grandma
We got to take a wagon ride around the camp ground with Yogi Bear! It was so much fun. We ended up sitting right next to Yogi on the wagon and Eli was so excited. He kept reaching out to touch Yogi's hand, it was so sweet. Jude just stared at Yogi like he didn't know what to think of this big animal. We rode around and sang a song about Yogi and then when the ride was over the kids were able to go say hi to Yogi. Eli hugged Yogi for a long time! Jude didn't mind being close to Yogi so he got his picture taken too! As we were walking back to the camp site Eli waved and said "Good Bye Yogi" over and over.
Good Ole Yogi Bear!!! Jude wasn't sure about being so close to Yogi Bear on the wagon ride Eli on the wagon ride Eli giving Yogi a high five on the wagon ride! Eli loved Yogi! We had to get a picture of Jude with Yogi
After the wagon ride we headed back to the camp site for dinner. We cooked hot dogs over the fire and had great time talking over dinner. After dinner we visited a little more but then it was getting time to go so we of course took some more pictures before everyone had to leave! :-)
Eli and Papaw
Jude and Papaw The 4 youngest cousins (Luke 22 months, Eli 2 years, Sunjay 18 months, Jude 9 months) The Regers at Jellystone Park Katie, Tracy, Kory, Mom, Me, and Jackie Mom and her girls! My sister Tracy, Brother in-law Chris and their kids (Isaac, Luke, Grace, and Lily) My sister Katie, Brother in-law Girish, Maya and Sunjay My Brother Kory and his Kids (Jess, Olivia, Kory, Alex and Jake)
Could these 2 be any cuter? Maya and Lily
Mom with almost all of her Grandkids (missing Sydney and Kayla)
It was truly an amazing day! We have talked about this becoming a yearly get together and I hope it does! We all had a blast and as the boys get older there will be more for them to do at the camp ground. I would love to take the boys camping someday!

No comments: