Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Finally Turning a Corner

After another rough day for Baby Jude, he is finally turning a corner. Up until about 8:30 tonight he still had a fever of 101-102 even with Tylenol. I felt so bad for him today. I could see in his eyes that he was miserable. He just wanted to lay in my arms all day. He wasn't interested in table food but wanted his baby food. He ate his lunch at 11:00 and I gave him Tylenol at 11:30 and at 11:35 he threw it all up. Poor baby was so so warm at that point and he couldn't have more Tylenol until 3:30. The only way I could cool the poor baby down was to hold a cool wash cloth on his head. I got him cooled down a little and he fell asleep. He ended up sleeping from 1:30 to 3:30 and when he woke up his fever was back up to 102 and it was time for more medicine. I got him to drink a little diluted juice to keep him hydrated and by 6:30 he was really wanting to eat so we tried one jar of baby food and he kept that down fine and then at 7:30 he had his bottle and he suddenly perked up. He had a little bit of his sparkle back in his eyes! He sat on the floor and played a little and was even jabbering. I hope this means that the antibiotic is doing its job and the fever is behind us.
Poor Baby didn't feel well

Cooling off with a cool wash cloth

Not feeling the best but still a little playful, Where's Jude?
There he is! (with a little smile)
Starting to feel a little better (and looking so cute is his big boy jammies!)

No comments: