Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sleep or No Sleep, We Have Fun!

My little boy is no longer sleeping through the night. For the past week or so he has gotten up at least once every night. Sunday night he was up 2 different times throughout the night for 1/2 hour each and then up for good at 5:30 AM. Did I mention this is Eli, not Jude! We really aren't sure what is causing this. He has always had a few nights here and there when he would wake up crying and not go back to sleep, but it has gotten progressively worse and now it is every night. We have tried letting him cry himself back to sleep but he ends up screaming in a panic. He doesn't have a fever and he is fine throughout the day so I don't think it is his teeth or an ear infection. I guess I am just hoping it is just a phase and it gets better. Both boys go to the Dr next week for check ups, so if it isn't better by then I will ask for some advice.
This is what happens at 9:00 AM after a rough night
Even though we have had some rough nights we still manage to have lots of fun around here. On Sunday we had fun watching the superbowl together. We were disappointed that the Colts lost, but we were happy the fellow Purdue Alumni Drew Brees won! We also got to try out Jude's new bath seat since he is starting to sit up better. I still don't think he is quite ready for it, but once he is it will make bath time so much easier.
During the Superbowl
Jude is doing really well sitting up
Jude likes his new bath seat
Scrub-a-dub-dub, 2 boys in a tub!
I LOVE THESE BOYS!!!

4 comments:

Becky said...

I love the picture of Jude sitting up, and Nick has that same outfit, it's just too big on him, do you have a carter's outlet by you too?? This is were i get all my carter clothes. And i love the matching outfits, almost makes me want to have another baby so i can dress them alike, almost!

I'm thinking of getting Nick one of those blow up baby tubs, that go in the regular tub once he's sitting up better, he just moves and squirms too much in his baby bath. I've known a few people who love them.

Becky said...

About the Carter/osh Gosh outlet (owned by the same company), sign up on line or at the store and you'll gets tons of great coupons in the mail, like $10 off $50 and 20% off, and they let you use them on clearance items, yeah!!!

Ken said...

So cute!! When John Paul was smaller I would stick a small folded up towel behind him in that seat, and it helped.

Oh this is Beth, not Ken :)

Irene said...

Great pics Jenni! They are growing so fast! Miss you all!