Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Checkups

Yesterday Mike and I took both boys to the Dr for their checkups, Eli 2 year and Jude 6 months. They both had to get shots and did really well, only a few tears. Eli also had to have his finger pricked to test his iron and lead levels. He did so great with this, he didn't even flinch. The nurse that did it was wonderful. She showed him what everything was and let him touch it to see that it wasn't scary. I was so proud of him!

Eli's 2 year stats:
Weight: 26 lbs 25%
Height: 33 1/2 in 25%

My Happy Healthy 2 year old!



Unfortunately Jude's checkup was not as great as Eli's. Jude has actually lost a little bit of weight in the last 2 months. I was concerned after his 4 month check up because he has only gained 1 lb but his Dr told me that was normal and it would only be a concern if he started to lose some weight. Well that is where we are now. We are adding some extra calories to his meals throughout the day to hopefully boost his weight. Since I am still exclusively breast feeding I don't really know how much Jude is actually eating. So I am pumping 1 bottle each day and adding a little formula to it to add extra calories. I am also adding some melted butter to his baby food each day. We started this last night and it seems to be going well. I was able to pump 4 oz yesterday and Jude had no problem taking the bottle. Since I was only able to get 4 oz I also nursed him afterward. I am hoping that I will be able to increase the amount I am able to pump over the next few days. I also added some butter to Jude's sweet potatoes for lunch. He didn't mind at all. We go back in 2 weeks for a weight check and I am really hoping that this does the trick. I need to fatten my baby back up. He now weighs the same that he weighed at 2 months and that isn't good.
Jude's 6 month stats
Weight: 13lbs 5 oz less then 3%
Height: 26 inches

Jude at 2 months (13lbs 5 oz)
4 months (14 lbs 5 oz)
6 months (13 lbs 5 oz)

1 comment:

Becky said...

Oh jude is a true 'little man'. I've heard babies can do this. I'm worried Nick might of lost weight too. He's not that interested in the bottle during the day, he wants his solids. Nick's going on friday for his 6mnth visit.