Monday, February 22, 2010

My Poor Eli

My poor little boy is sick. :-( This came on so suddenly and unexpected. He woke up yesterday morning fine. He was in a good mood and did great at church. At lunch time I noticed that he felt a little warm so I took his temperature. He had a fever of 101.9 poor guy. I gave him some motrin and he went on playing. He only took a 30 minute nap, but was in a great mood. His fever never really went completely away and by 5:30 he was burning up and having chills. His fever was over 102 and he could have more motrin. We gave him a bath to try and cool down his body. Besides the chills he was still acting ok. He didn't eat much dinner and then played the rest of the evening. He still had a fever, but couldn't have more motrin until 11:30. At 8:00 we did his normal bedtime routine and he went to bed fine. We could hear him moving around and groaning through the monitor and at 10:30 he woke back up. Poor baby was burning up. We got him calmed down and I was going to sit and rock him when he threw up on himself, me, and butta. We got him into the kitchen and over to the sink and he threw up again. Poor baby was so scared, you could see how scared he was in his eyes. My heart just broke for him. After he was done getting sick we got him undressed and butta in the washer. We took his temperature and it was 102.7 and we still had an hour until he could have more motrin. Mike rocked him and rubbed a cold wash cloth on his head. We kept him awake so that we could give him more motrin at 11:30. It took a little while for the motrin to kick in and the fever got all the way up to 103.7 before it started to come down. We made Eli a bed on the livingroom floor with some blankets and let him fall asleep watching some TV, I slept on the couch so that I would be right there if he needed me. He fell asleep about 1:00 and slept until 6:00. He was burning up when he woke and I was about to take his temperature when he got sick again. I got him calmed down and took his temerature and it was 101.9. This was an improvement from the night before! As today has gone on he has continued to get better. He hasn't thrown up since 6:00 and his temperature went down to 99.9 this afternoon, it went back up to 100.4 this evening but I still think he is doing better. We have been giving him plenty of pedialyte and a few crackers throughout the day and he has done well with both of those things. He has played a little bit throughout the day, but he mostly just layed on the couch or chair and watched movies and his shows. We have watched Toy Story, Monsters, Up, Yo Gabba Gabba, The Fresh Beat Band, The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, and Prep and Landing. I don't mind letting him watch tv when he is sick. I really hope we have a better night tonight and wake up fever free. I hate it when one of my boys is sick. :-(
Eli took a 1 1/2 hour nap in the morning in the recliner
and another 1 1/2 hour nap in the afternoon, Reggie didn't mind being a footrest

3 comments:

Beth said...

Poor Eli!! John Paul is sick too! He had a fever of 102.6 today. I hope they get better soon. Probably got it from Uncle Ken!

Jenni said...

Way to go Ken!

M,E,JP,J,L,I, and S's grandma said...

Poor Baby!!! Grandma is praying for him! Let me know how he is doing.