Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Finally Fever Free!!

After a few very rough nights, Eli is finally fever free! I thought he was getting better on Monday because his fever had gone down throughout the day but unfortunately Monday night was just as bad as the night before. His fever shot up so high that he threw up. His poor little body was shaking so badly from the chills. I took him to the Dr yesterday morning and she said to just keep doing the motrin for the fevers and if he still had a fever on Thursday to bring him back in. Thankfully it didn't come to that. Throughout the day yesterday his fever kept going down and by 7:00 he was fever free!!! I was a little concerned that the fever would coming back in the evening but it didn't and he woke up fever free this morning!! I am so glad he is over this virus. His high fevers were so so scary.
He fell asleep in a few not so comfortable spots

So far it doesn't appear that Jude has caught the virus and I really hope that he doesn't. He does however have a little cold. Poor baby is so congested. He has a little cough, but whenever he coughs he smiles so I know he isn't feeling too bad. He is such a cutie! Jude also learned a new skill yesterday. He rolled from his back to his tummy!! He has gotten so close before, even getting all the way over and not being able to get his arm out from under him and rolled back. This time he made it! I layed him on his tummy to play and he rolled over to his back and then continued on and rolled right over to his tummy again! It was so adorable!
This is where he started
This is where he ended up
:-)

2 comments:

Beth said...

So glad to hear he's doing better! Ken never had a fever so maybe they caught something from the funeral home? Who knows what kind of germs were in there....

Rajean B. said...

*Sorry, I'm slow with my comment*

I'm so glad that Eli is doing better, and that little Jude didn't catch that nasty virus.

Also, I can't believe how well Jude is sitting up! He is growing up too quickly (as I'm sure you already know).