Saturday, February 6, 2010

Jude's First Food!!

Lately Jude has really been eyeing our food. If I eat or drink anything while holding him he grabs for it and trys to bring it to his mouth. So we decided it was time to try some food. Since Eli had so much tummy troubles with cereal our pediatrician said we could skip it and start with baby food. For Lunch today Jude had some sweet potatoes. Jude didn't have much of a reaction at first. I started to think maybe he wasnt ready for it, but after the first few bites he started grabbing for the spoon and leaning forward to get the food. He LOVED it!!! I knew he would. He actually got a little upset when he was finished. Since this was his first meal I only gave hime 1/2 of a jar. We will gradually work up to more, but I didn't want to do too much for his little belly. We are going to stick with sweet potatoes this week and then we will try a different vegetable next week. I knew he was going to be a good little eater!
He was happy just to be in the chair
He wasn't too sure at first
But soon he started leaning foward to get it!

It was a hit!

The bib got a little messy because he would chew on it after every bite!

My 2 boys at lunch

After we fed Jude, Eli wanted to try. He is such a cutie!

3 comments:

M,E,JP,J,L,I, and S's grandma said...

Wow! Seems like just yesterday Jude was born...baby food already!!! I like the "hoosiers drool, Boilers rule" bib...They did last week!!

M,E,JP,J,L,I, and S's grandma said...

Wow! Seems like just yesterday Jude was born...baby food already!!! I like the "hoosiers drool, Boilers rule" bib...They did last week!!

Becky said...

Nice, Nick's first food was sweat potatoes too!