Friday, April 30, 2010

27 Months

Since Eli turned 2 I haven't done his monthly updates. I figured every few months I can do an Eli post and today he just happens be 27 months old! He has grown so much in the past 3 months, physically and developmentally. He has really been going through a growth spurt lately. I have gotten all his summer clothes in 3T. They are a little bit big on him but I didn't want to buy 24 months or 2T and then have him grow out of them before summer was over. It is really fun to see all the different ways he is growing developmentally. His talking is amazing. I can really see this when we around other kids his age or a little older even. I have had many other parents tell me how impressive his talking is, especially for a boy. He says tons of sentences and can repeat everything. He also has an amazing memory. He remembers things that we have told him days or even weeks before. He also remembers the words to so many of his books and can "read" them to us. I love to hear him read his books. He loves to sing and dance. If music is on, he is dancing. There are a few songs that he knows some of the words to. He also sings the little songs that I have made up and sing quite a bit. It is too funny. One song that he sings of mine is "I have 2 boys I have 2 boys, 1 named Elijah and 1 named Jude". I love hearing him walk around singing this :-) Another one is "Baby Jude Baby Jude, I love you, yes I do". :-) We are taking the potty training slow and letting him take the lead. He was very excited when we got the potty, but the excitement of a new potty has worn off. I don't think he is really ready to potty train. He didn't really realize that he had gone the one time he went in the potty. He is still very young so we aren't going to push it. We of course have our not so great moments too. Eli has definitely entered the terrible 2s. He loves to test us and his favorite word has become 'NO!' Grrrr. Timeouts are starting to become more frequent. I am learning what works with his tantrums and what doesn't work. Sometimes it is best for me to just ignore his behavior and other times I can't ignore it, like jumping on the couch. Meal times can also be a struggle. Sometimes he will eat everything on his plate for dinner and then ask for a snack an hour later, and other times he refuses to eat anything. For those time we just wrap up his plate and it becomes his next meal. He can sure be ornery, but we just love him so much!

2 comments:

Mama E said...

Your two boys are simply precious!!

It will be weird when Clint is old enough to potty train. I can't imagine him being a toddler right now!

Beth said...

I can't wait to see him and how much he's grown and changed!! Hopefully really soon!