Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Let The Potty Training Begin!

We have been talking to Eli about going potty for a little while now. Every once in awhile he would want to sit on the potty but he had never gone. So today we went to Walmart to get him his own potty. I thought maybe if he had his own potty or potty seat he would be more into it. I decided on a potty seat that could also go on the toliet and found the perfect one.
Eli's Potty (isn't it adorable)
He had to try it out right away!
When on the potty the seat turns into a foot rest

Tonight we asked him if he wanted to try to go potty and he said yes. We put the potty in the living room because we figured it was going to take awhile. He sat on his potty and played with toys for a little while but didn't go so we put his diaper back on him. He was still dry an hour later so we asked him if he wanted to try again and he did. He was on the potty for about 10 minutes and got up and said he wanted to play. I went to put his diaper on and noticed that he had gone pee!!!!! YAY!!!! I was so excited!!! I showed him and he said "I made eggs!" I guess he thought it looked like scrambled eggs mixture. :-) Since he went on the potty he got to put a sticker on his sticker chart (which I made earlier today luckily). He also got a special surprise since this was the first time he ever went on the potty. I know this is going to be a long process, but we are just so proud of him! I can't believe he is old enough for potty training!
Putting a sticker on his sticker chart
Getting his special surprise
His new Buzz and Woody!

I am just so so so so so proud of my big boy!

2 comments:

Rajean B. said...

Best of luck with potty training. We have the same potty seat in our house! Dallas has gone twice - about a week or so ago. We are still flirting with the idea :)

Beth said...

Yay Eli!!!! Man that would be awesome if he trained pretty soon!