Monday, April 19, 2010

The Diaper Dilema

We are having some diaper issues with Baby Jude. He has started wetting through at night. He usually sleeps 10-11 hours at night but lately has been waking up around 3:00 soaking wet. Normally I just go up to the next size and he no longer wets through but that didn't work this time. He was wearing Huggies size 3 so I got Huggies size 4 and he still leaked through at night. So I switched to Luvs size 4 and he still leaked through. Right now we are trying the Target brand diapers in a size 4, hopefully this will work. If this doesn't work we will try Pampers or a special night time diaper. Right now I am buying 3 different types of diapers; Up and Up size 4 for Jude, Luvs size 5 for Eli during the day, and Huggies Night Time diapers size 6 for Eli at night. I would love to have Eli potty trained soon, but since he has absolutely no interest right now I am not going to push it.

Jude looks cute is anything or nearly nothing!

5 comments:

Ken said...

When I use disposable, I use Target brand. I've never had a leak with them - hope they work for you!

He does look pretty cute ;)

Beth said...

oops that was me!

Rajean B. said...

I typically only use pampers, but I have recently started to use huggies. When I did/do have problems with leak throughs I too move up to the next size. Although, I moved Dallas up to size 5 a few months ago, and we occasionally still have leak throughs. Not at night, but during the day! The kid will be dry one minute and then soaked the next. We also tend to have problems when in the car...I'm getting pretty quick at taking off and putting on the car seat covers. Let me know how you like the up and up brand.

Becky said...

The overnight diapers are so expensive, i haven't found a generic yet, but i keep looking. The huggies dont' fight Nick very well, so i usually don't buy them. I think the target ones are ok. I have a friend who puts 2 diapes on her son at night to help with wetting.
Is judes sleep the 11 hrs straight trough? Nick's done this a few times, but usually he wakes up once and i have to change his diaper.

M,E,JP,J,L,I, and S's grandma said...

What adorable pictures of Jude!!! He gets cuter every time I see a picture! And that just makes me miss you guys more!!!