Monday, March 22, 2010

Weekend Surprise!!!

We didn't really have any big plans for this weekend, just a bunch of basketball games and church on Sunday. Friday night at 10:00 I got a text message from my sister Jackie. It said: "If someone leaves Indiana at 6:00 what time will they arrive in Iowa.......Right now so let me in I am cold!!!!" I was completely shocked and excited to see her and my mom!!!!! It was such a great surprise! We got to spend all day Saturday together before they had to head back home early Sunday morning. Eli was so excited to see them when he woke up on Saturday and my mom made the day so special for him. She brought Easter stuff for both of the boys and Eli got to go for an Easter egg hunt. It had to be in our livingroom because we got 3 inches of snow Friday night, but Eli didn't mind. It makes me so happy to see Eli light up around our family. He is constantly talking about his grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful family.
Eli checking out his Easter egg from Grandma
Jude checking out his Easter egg
Jude playing with Grandma
Eli hunting for Easter eggs
The boys checking out the goodies
Eli was excited about the candy, Jude was excited about the eggs!
Jude got to sit in a high chair while we were out to eat for the first time, we don't eat out too often
My mom brought Eli a fun costume to dress up in. She made this for one of my nephews to where for Halloween a few years ago. It took a few minutes for Eli to warm up to the idea of wearing it, but once he got it on he was so excited! He absolutely loves Toy Story right now.

Unfortunately the weekend ended on a sour note. On the way home from church on Sunday Eli threw up all over himself. He had a fever throughout the day but went to bed ok only to wake up screaming at 12:30 AM. Jude was also awake so I got both bpys up and they both felt warm. I took Jude's temperature and he had a fever so I gave him tylenol. I then moved on to take Eli's temperature and Jude threw up all over himself. So Jude slept in the swing and Eli and I cuddled on the couch. They are both still batteling fevers today. Hopefully tomorrow they will both be better.

3 comments:

Rajean B. said...

I'm glad you had a great weekend with your family...what a wonderful surprise! I do hope that Eli and Jude are feeling better and get over the fevers for good.

Becky said...

Sounds like a nice Saturday, your mom does makes the best costumes!

Poor babies both sick, yuck! Nick has a cough, but so do i, i'm hoping he doesn't get worse. Thank fullly Spring's here and we can all go out side and play!

Beth said...

So awesome that your mom and Jackie surprised you!!! Sad about the kids being sick though!