Monday, July 13, 2009

1 Year!!!

I have officially been blogging for a year now!!!!! Wow has it gone fast. In my first post I mentioned that Eli had rolled over for the first time the day before, now he is everywhere!! He is climbing on everything and constantly wants to be in the kitchen. If we weren't moving we would just baby proof the kitchen and let him run around, but since we are moving in a week and half it doesn't seem worth it.

As for moving we now have a place to live in Iowa. Mike went out there last weekend and checked out a few places and found one that will work for us. It is a 3 bedroom duplex that is split level. The only bad thing about it (that I know of since I haven't seen it) is that one of the bedrooms is on the lower level. We have decided that the boys will probably share a room. I just can't imagine having either one of them downstairs while we slept upstairs. It will also be nice to use the extra bedroom as an office/Guest room too. Since we will be about 5 1/2 hours from family it will be nice to have a room so people can come and visit.

We are making some progress with packing. Packing a 4 bedroom house in 2 weeks seemed a bit daunting at first, but it isn't as bad as I thought. My mom came down this weekend and played with Eli so Mike and I could pack and we got quite a lot done in just a couple of hours. Today I tried to get some packing done in the kitchen while Eli was awake, that didn't work to well. I was able to get some packing done while he napped. Hopefully we will keep going at this pace and be done by next Thursday. We plan on loading the truck on Thursday 7/23 and Mike is going to head to Iowa that night. My mom, Eli and I will be heading down Friday morning to unpack and get some things put away. (I don't know how much I will be doing since I will be 34 1/2 weeks pregnant)

On another note Eli is teething. I can't see where any are coming in, but he has to be teething. He has been in the worst moods lately. This has been going on for over a week. He hasn't been sleeping well, he wakes up 3-4 times a night crying. He usually cries for just a few minutes and then goes back to sleep. The past few days he has had a clear runny nose and today he has been drooling like crazy. He also hasn't wanted to eat much the past few days. Hopefully he will get the teeth soon and get back to his normal self.

Keeping busy in the kitchen while Mommy tries to do some packing!!!

It was like a new toy!!

Also today was my first day of not having to watch other kids. I guess Eli forgot that we could sleep in and instead decide to wake up extra early. When I had to watch kids I would get up about 6:45 and Eli would sleep til 7:30 or 8:00. Today Eli decided to get up at 6:15. Of course by 10:00 he had fallen asleep on my lap for half an hour. I am hoping he will let me sleep in a little bit this week since it doesn't look like I will be able to nap while he naps.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Wow this is all happening so fast! Where are you staying between when you move out and when you have the baby?

Irene said...

Awww Jenni!! It's all happening so quickly! I hope all goes well with moving your stuff to Iowa! Let me know when things calm down a bit and we can plan another quick visit!

M,E,JP,J,L,I, and S's grandma said...

I hope you know you can stay with Grandma and Papa!! And we are planning to help you pack this weekend. Let me know if you want me this week!