Saturday, May 30, 2009

Eli is 16 Months!

I can't believe how big he is getting! He is growing so much and starting to look more like a toddler and less than a baby, although he will always be my baby!

(this might be a long one)
So I decided to take Eli to get his haircut. I took him to the same place I took him last time because they did such a good job last time. His hair seems to grow pretty fast and it is a good thing because it is the worst haircut I have ever seen. As soon as we got there I had a gut feeling to just grab Eli and run, but I didn't listen to it. We walk in and the lady is on her cell phone and tells the person she will call them right back, then she tells me the credit machine isn't working and they can only take cash. Well I never have cash anymore so I was about to leave and she says she will try the credit card machine again. It worked so I paid for the haircut. Usually you are allowed to pick a movie from the wall, but she said there were already 2 tvs set up so he could either watch Nemo or a girlie movie. I picked Nemo even though I knew it wouldn't hold his attention. She then told me her grandson who is 1 isn't really into movies either. This surprised because she didn't look old enough to be a grandma. We go over to the car for him to sit in and it is covered in hair and I know from the sign in sheet they haven't had a customer in the last 5 hours. This is when I really wanted to run out of there. She then asks me when I am due and I tell her. She then tells me she just had a baby a week ago. I thought I must have misunderstood her but she said her little boy was 7 days old. She then starts cutting his hair. Just picking up random chunks and cutting. As she is cutting she keeps combing his hair over to the side. I had to tell her 3 different times that we just comb it forward. The entire haircut took about 5 minutes and she was pushing me out the door. She didn't even check to see if it was even everywhere and I didn't get a chance to look at it before she was cleaning off the chair. It wasn't until we got home that I actually got a chance to look at it and saw how terrible it was. I couldn't help but cry. It is uneven everywhere. The front is a mess, the top is very choppy and the back is probably the worst part. I don't think there is anyway to make it better without cutting it super short and I can't do that. I guess it is a good thing that Eli likes to wear his hat. And no matter what he will always be the cuttest lil guy ever! Here are a few pictures but they don't even show how bad it is.


He does look pretty cute in his hat!


So after that we decided to take Eli to Toysrus. We didn't buy him anything but he did get to ride on the Winnie The Pooh ride and he loved it. This was the first time he has ever gotten to ride one of these rides.

2 comments:

Becky said...

He is just too cute!!!! I would call them back or go back in and have them fix it. I hate paying for a service and then it's crappy.

I got an ok haircut the last time i went in and i really should go back and get a few pieces fixed, i just dont' want to do the drive up.

p.s. is he wearing a pacer's hat???

Beth said...

His smile is so cute that no one notices his hair :)