Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Family Trip to the Zoo!

Today started off with no plans other than to go to church but Mike had a great idea to take Eli to the zoo. We thought since today was the Indy 500 that maybe the zoo wouldn't be too crowded. It was such a blast. I had taken Eli to the zoo last fall and he liked it then, but I was excited to see what he thought of it now that he was a little bit older. He noticed a lot more this time, but I think his favorite was still the fish and the water animals. He loved standing next to the window and watching the fish swim, although he was scared of the sting rays and wanted me to hold him. He also really liked the penguins, which he called ducks! Right now the zoo has a special exhibit of Komodo Dragons which was really cool, they are so big. I am so glad we got to go today. I have been saying that I wanted to take Eli this summer before the baby comes and we have to move. We also wanted to go before it got too hot. Today was perfect. It was a little warm but it was cloudy and there was plenty of shade. It was the perfect day to go!


Reger Family at the zoo



Eli checking out the iguana and turtle


Checking out the giraffes with Mommy


Checking out the elephants with daddy


He liked watching the monkey babies


The fish were his favorite


"Mom, I want that fish"

I touched one of these sharks!

I think we wore him out!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Wow Eli had a fun filled day, love the one of him sleeping on the ride home, so cute!!

I can't wait to take Nicholas to the zoo. We have a small one close by and then i think there's a big one in Orlando and maybe Animal Kingdom too, i'm not sure. I loved the Cincinnati zoo when i live in Ohio.

Beth said...

This looks like SO much fun! I have been thinking we need to take Madeleine to the zoo.