Thursday, May 21, 2009

I Have an End Date!!!

My last day of babysitting will be July 10th. I can't wait! That is only 7 weeks away. It will be nice to have some time off before this baby arrives. Although it won't be like a vacation. I will be getting ready for the move to Iowa. It will still be nice to be done working and I won't be able to spend every minute packing and organizing, I will still have to take care of Eli. :-)

I only had to watch kids in the afternoon today. It was so nice. Eli and I went for a little walk around the neighborhood. We then stopped at the park. I tried putting Eli in the swing but again he didn't like it. Since there was nobody else at the park I just let him walk around. He had a blast checking everything out. I put him down the slide a few times and he loved it. I hope we will have more chances to do this throughout the summer.

Eli is talking more and more these days. It is so cute. I love to hear him try new words. They aren't always the most clear, but I know what he is saying. We have been working on some names. He can say Jack (for Aunt Jackie), Lily and Luke (2 of his many cousins), and Papaw and Mamaw. It is also fun to see what he knows. When I say lets get jammies on he runs over to the stairs. When I say lets go to bed he says Duck book because that is what we read before bed. I just love my little boy!

As of yesterday I am 25 weeks along in my pregnancy. I am feeling pretty good. A little more achy then I remember being with Eli. I am having some pain in my right hip and lower back, but it is bearable though. I am also having a little trouble sleeping. I am trying to sleep on my left side but I wake up several times and my hip hurts. Oh well. On the bright side I came across an article on Baby Center that said at 25 weeks gestation a baby has a 50-80% chance of surviving and by 27 weeks the baby has over 90% chance of surviving. This really surprised me. I know that a baby born that early could have many problems but I didn't know they had that much of a chance of surviving. Each and every week the baby stays in is a huge blessing.

This post needs some pictures!!!!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Wow, lots of changes coming up for you guys! Hope all goes smoothly. Yes---I think the mid/late 20 weeks are when pregnant mamas finally breathe a tiny sigh of relief. :)