Wednesday, July 16, 2008

So much for Rolling Over

I have been working so hard with Eli trying to get him to roll over again. He rolled over for the first time on Saturday 7/12 and he hasn't done it since then. And now everytime I lay him on his tummy he screams. It is a little bit funny because he isn't crying, just screamming. He is such a wonderful little boy.

Today we met my sister-in-law and niece Madeleine at Barnes and Noble for Story hour. At first I was thinking a 5 month old won't care for story hour, but I will have fun with Beth and Madeleine. Eli loves it. Before the story they do some music and rhymes. Eli loves for me to stand him up and he just looks around at everything. I had so much fun with him. I am definately going to keep going with him. We had so much fun with Beth and Madeleine. I feel blessed to have family so close, and it is gret that Eli has cousins so close in age.

When we got home I thought it would be fun to work some more on tummy time and rolling over. Eli didn't think so. What a silly boy. So I decided to try something different. We practiced sitting up and to my surprise Eli was so sturdy sitting up. He sat up by himself for over a minute before he started to lean over. I couldn't believe it. We have tried this before, but he always leans forward right away. I couldn't believe it. He doesn't want to roll over but he is going to sit up. Everyday this boy amazes me.

Eli sitting up all by himself at 5 1/2 months :)

No comments: