Sunday, July 13, 2008

Here We Go!!!






HI!!! This is my very first blog!!! Yay! My sister-in-law has been blogging for the past 2 years to document her pregnancy and her baby girl. I have just started reading it recently and realized what a wonderful idea it is, so I am going to give it a try.

Here is a little bit about me. My name is Jenni. I just turned 25 a couple of days ago. I have been married to a wonderful man, Mike, for the past 3 years. We have 2 westies, Reggie and Maggie. And on January 30th of this year our beautiful baby boy Elijah Kent was born. He is the real reason for starting this blog.

I was ready to be a mom as soon as I got married. I couldn't wait get pregnant. We waited a little while so I could finish my teaching degree. (I guess that was important ) :) but then it didn't happen as easily as I expected. In May of 2006 we had an unexplained miscarriage at 11 weeks. That was very difficult, but we know that everything happens for a reason. The next several months were difficult, but I knew that God would bless us with a baby at the right time. In April of 2007 I completed my journey of becoming Catholic and I was baptized. 2 months later we found out we were pregnant:) It was such a blessing. I loved being pregnant. I had a pretty uneventful pregnancy, except having Gestational Diabetes, which was easily managed. Eli was born on January 30th at 4:35 pm. He was 3 weeks early, but he was a very healthy boy. 8lbs 3oz and 21 inches. He is perfect!!! I am so in love! Eli has been the best baby. I feel so blessed.






Eli is 5 1/2 months old now. We have so much fun. He rolled over for the first time yesterday. It took us 5 1/2 months but he did it!! Yay.






I am very excited to start this blog. I hope that I keep up with it. :)






Here are a few pictures of us:




Our family on the 4th of July:







Eli at 6 weeks old:




Eli at 5 months old:


1 comment:

Beth said...

So glad you started a blog! I have to say, my favorite part about mine is going back and reading all the memories which I'm sure I wouldn't remember if I didn't write them down.