Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My Sweet Eli

I meant to do a post when Eli turned 2 1/2 (July 30th), but with the move and everything it didn't happen. I actually started a post but never got around to finishing it. Better late than never. :-)


Eli amazes me everyday with what a wonderful little boy he is. He is full of energy and a total boy. He loves to play outside and I think his all time favorite thing is to play basketball. (Daddy is so proud) He is too busy to sit and go over things like letters and numbers with me so we have just to learn as we are on the go and I am amazed at all the things he just picks up on his own. He has an amazing memory. He still talks about our move to Indiana and he always follows that with "I am so happy". :-)


I love seeing Eli as an older brother. Now that Jude is a little older Eli is finding that it can be fun to play together. Of course there are plenty of moments where we have to remind Eli that Jude is still little, but there are so many more moments where Eli is giving Jude some toys and trying to give him a hug. I love seeing them together.


Eli is becoming so independent. He loves to try and put his shoes on by himself and recently he put his shorts on all by himself and he was so proud. It was such a proud moment for mommy :-). He takes his shorts at nap time almost everyday, luckily he hasn't attempted to take off his diaper yet. He still is showing very little interest in potty training and I am trying not to push him into it if he isn't ready, but I would love to get him potty trained. You would think some one who is so into be independent would want to be able to go potty by himself. I just keep thinking if he isn't ready then me pushing him is going to do more bad than good, I am trying to be patient.


Eli is a pretty picky eater right now. We have such a difficult time getting him to try new things. His favorite thing to eat is his chicken and ranch. He loves all fruit I make sure to give him fruit with every meal. Veggies are very hit or miss lately. He will like green beans, cauliflower, corn, and potatoes on certain days and then the next time I make them for him he won't touch them. I got him to try some cooked carrots the other day and he gagged to the point where I thought he was going to throw up. We are really working on getting him to eat more veggies. I have tries a couple of recipes with hidden veggies in them and they have gone over pretty well. We have also switched his juice to Mott's Medleys. It has fruit and veggie juice mixed together. So at least he gets a little bit of veggies each day with his cup of juice with snack. Mike and I are working on eating more veggies ourselves so that Eli will see us eating them and eat some himself.


I am so glad that I get to be this little boy's mommy. I am so proud of him. I love him so much. I my life changed completely on January 30th, 2008. My heart belongs to Elijah Kent.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I love this post! And Eli! We're so glad you're back!!!