Tuesday, September 7, 2010

2 Sick Little Boys

I have 2 sick little boys. I feel like 1 or both of them have been sick for the past 3 1/2 weeks. This all started on August 13th. Both boys had a little bit of a cold and were congested. Over the next week Eli's cold cleared up as Jude's got worse. Yellow stuff started coming out of his eyes so I took him to the doctor on Monday, August 23rd. The Dr gave Jude some amoxicillin. After a few days of the prescription he started to get better. I thought it had completely cleared up until his cold symptoms returned on Tuesday, August 31st when he was still on his antibiotic. His cold was continuing to get a little worse when I took him in for his 1 year check up on Friday, September 3rd. His Dr told me to watch him over the weekend and if it got worse he would call in a prescription for him. Well not only did Jude get worse over the weekend but Eli started with a fever and runny nose Friday and got extremely worse over the weekend. I took both boys back to the Dr today. Jude has a sinus infection and an eye infection. Eli has a sinus infection, an eye infection, and a double ear infection. Both boys have a new antibiotic that should clear everything up for good. I hope it works because I hate to see my boys so sick like this.
Poor Sick Baby Eli has been miserable
Sleepy Baby Jude getting some much needed rest

Since I had both boys at the Dr I was able to see how much they both weigh. Jude is 20 lbs 6 oz and Eli is 28 lbs. Both growing boys :-)

3 comments:

Beth said...

Oh so sad!!! They weigh almost the same as my kids! I think M is 29 and JP is probably 21 by now :)

April Curtis said...

Aww thats sad that your 2 little boys had gotten sick. A lot of people have been getting sick latley its awful! i think ive gotten sick twice this past summer and i think im getting sick again. Its horrible!

- April

See my blog at aprilcurtis18@blogspot.com

Megan said...

Ugh, Jenni, this sounds awful! The yellow mucus in the eyes would have really worried me!