Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Teething

Poor baby Jude had a rough night last night. I think he is getting his 2 top teeth. I can't see them yet but his gums look a little red and swollen. We have been working on Jude putting himself to sleep for naps and at night and he is doing great for his naps, but in the evenings he wants nothing to do with it and just cries and cries so I end up rocking him to sleep. Normally he is asleep in my arms in 5 minutes but last night he was so restless. He tossed and turned and just couldn't get comfortable. I tried laying him in the pack and play and that didn't work, I tried rocking him in the chair and that didn't work. I tried standing and rocking him and that didn't work. I had given him some Tylenol and a little orajel and once that kicked in I laid him on the couch (I didn't leave his side) and he just closed his eyes and fell asleep. Once I got him into bed he slept pretty well, only waking up once at 5:30. Of course Eli was up at 4:30 and then again at 6:00 for the day. Oh well, who needs sleep anyway :-) Jude has been a little fussy today, but his teeth don't seem to be bothering him too much. They definitely aren't hindering his eating in anyway. This boy sure loves to eat!!!
Poor baby Jude didn't feel well
Reggie was worried
Blueberry Muffin for breakfast
Chicken pot pie, peas, carrots and pears for lunch
If only Eli would eat this well!




3 comments:

The Narsinghani's said...

Awe my Sunj used to be that little and wear those pjs!!

Jenni said...

I know, they are my favorite kind so I had to go out and buy some more!

Becky said...

poor jude, Nick's had some hard teething nights lately too, and last night. I finally had to give him Tylenol to settle down too, well the generic kinds since all the ones i had were recalled (and i already got my refund check!). I love it when the dogs can sense something is wrong and they are right by our sides, too cute!