Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Reunion!!!

When Eli woke up yesterday morning I noticed that he had soaked through his diaper and his jammies were pretty wet. I got him up and changed him and changed his sheets and then went on with the day. A little later I was rocking with him and noticed that something smelled. I first checked butta and it was clean and then I found the source of the smell; cat. I had been worried about this happening because it says right on the tag surface clean only. I tried a couple different fabric sprays we had and they didn't work at all. I asked for some advice from friends on Facebook and got some really good suggestions. I decided to try putting him in the washer on gentle cycle and putting him out in the sun to dry. Of course by the time I decide this it was already night and would have to wait until morning. This meant Eli had to sleep without cat. I was surprised at how well he did. He asked for cat at bed time and we just explained that cat was dirty and mommy would clean him in the morning. He picked a bear to bring to bed and went to sleep just fine. His first words this morning were "Cat dirty, Mommy clean cat for you." Luckily cat survived the washer and made it back into Eli's arms before nap time. Eli was so so so excited to have cat back. He hugged it and said "I love cat, Mommy."
So happy to have cat back
Big Hugs
kisses too
Cat was by his side the rest of the day

3 comments:

Megan said...

Absolutely adorable! :)

Beth said...

Aw ;)

I always stick them in the washer on gentle and hope for the best!

M,E,JP,J,L,I, and S's grandma said...

That is adorable!!