Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Jude's 4 Month Check Up

Both of the boys had to go to the Dr today. Jude for his 4 month check up and Eli to get the 2nd dose of the H1N1 shot. Thankfully Mike was able to meet us there on his way home from work. Two little ones getting shots is not easy or fun, but they both did pretty well. Jude was easy to comfort and calm down, Eli not quite as easy. It didn't help that he had a rough night sleeping last night and no nap (teeth).
I was a little surprised at Jude's weight. He weighed 8lbs 4oz at birth, 13lbs 5oz (90th%) at 2 months and now he weighs 14lbs 5oz (45th%) at 4 months. He gained 5lbs the first 2 months and 1lb the next 2 months. His Dr said it is normal for babies to gain a lot of weight in the beginning and then average out. She also said since he is still gaining weight and at an average weight for his age there isn't anything to worry about. :-) I wasn't too worried, I know he is a good eater! He is also 25 inches long which is in the 60th percentile.
We also got the ok to go ahead and start food. I plan on waiting til he is closer to 6 months unless he starts acting like he needs it. I asked the Dr if we needed to do cereal and she said it is up to us. I am glad to hear that because Eli had a terrible time with the cereal. He basically didnt sleep more than 2-3 hours for 1 1/2 - 2 months. So I plan on skipping the cereal with Jude!
Jude is even smiley after shots!
I can't resist a baby in jammies!!!
Eli wasn't in the mood for pictures today :-)

2 comments:

Becky said...

Oh i too loved a babie in jammies!!! I tell Nick, 'time to put on your jammie, jam, jams'!!+

Yes our boys are growing up so fast, soon they'll be walking and talking, i can't wait!

Beth said...

My kids have both started out in the higher percentiles and then dropped.

Can't WAIT to see you guys again, just a few weeks!!!