Saturday, November 28, 2009

To Indiana and Back!!!!

We made it it back home after a wonderful week in Indiana!!! The week was super busy and unfortunately Eli got sick so we had to come home a day early, but it was still such an awesome trip. We were able to see both of our families for Thanksgiving, had a beautiful baptism for Jude, and saw quite a few of our friends.

The boys and dogs did so amazing in the car. We couldn't have asked for a better ride. Eli watched Nemo and played with his new toy dog. Jude slept until he was hungry. We stopped fed the boys and then got back on the road. Jude was awake for a little bit but then fell back asleep and slept the rest of the way. Reggie and Maggie didn't make a peep the entire car ride.


Saturday night Jude and I decided to go with my sisters; Katie and Jackie, Brother in-law Girish, and nieces Jessica, Alex, Sydney and Kayla to see Twilight's New Moon!!!! I knew if I didn't see it with them I wouldn't be able to see it in the theater unless I went by myself. Since Eli had been so crabby through mass that night I decided it would be easier on Mike if I just took Jude with me. I got several looks as I walked into the theater with a baby but he was fine. He sat with me and looked around. When I could tell he was getting tired I stood up in the aisle and rocked him til he fell asleep and then sat back down. The never heard him cry. Jude got to go to a movie before Eli did and it was an awesome movie!!!!

We are so thankful that we were able to do Thanksgiving with both sides of our families. It is always wonderful to be able to spend time together. Eli was not too into the food, but he loved playing with his cousins and grandparents. I wish I would have taken more pictures of this. It was so neat to see him running around with his cousins and having a blast. He had the biggest smile on his face when he was playing with his cousins.
Eli and Sunjay
John Paul, Madeleine, Jude and Eli
Eli's favorite thing to do was to play Piano with Papa
Trying to touch the nino!!
Reger Family Thanksgiving 2009
The first 2 Thanksgiving dinners we had Jude was a little fussy and I ended up having to stand and hold him through dinner. Thaksgiving day was a little more relaxed for Jude. He just slept in my arms through both dinners. Overall I think he had a wonderful first Thanksgiving!
Jude and Mommy
Jude and Daddy
He got to wear the same outfit Eli wore last year. It is a 6-9 month outfit and it was a little small on Eli last year, I ended up putting pants over it because it was a little short. It was a little big on Jude but I am glad he got to wear it.
Eli's First Thanksgiving 2008
Jude's First Thanksgiving 2009
Sunday, November 22nd was Jude's baptism, it was such a special day that it deserves its own blog, more to come soon!! :-)

No comments: