Thursday, June 25, 2009

Something New and Something Old

Eli has really been interested in spoons lately. I have been letting him play with them when he is done eating but I hadn't let him try to feed himself. Tonight at dinner he was pretty much demanding to feed himself so I thought why not let him try. He did pretty good. I had to help him get some on his spoon and then he would feed himself. He had a bit of a tantrum in the middle of dinner because he thought I was taking the spoon away when I would try to help him get food on it, but that passed and he loved it. He even had to eat his fruit on a spoon when he normally picks it up with his fingers. I can't believe how big he is getting and how independent he is getting!



He loved it!


When I was pregnant with Eli I was constantly buying clothes for him. I constantly looked for sales and would pick up a few things each month. Well since we have all of Eli's clothes and my sister is giving us all her boy clothes from her little boy who was born last summer I have only gotten a little brother onsie for this little one. I told Mike that this little boy needs to have his very own coming home from the hospital outfit. Today I looked online and found a very cute outfit from T*he C*hildren's P*lace and it was onsale. So tonight we went to look at the store to see if it was there so we wouldn't have to pay shipping and they had it!!!! I was so excited we got a cute little romper and matching hat for $8. I can't wait to see my little baby boy in it! Now we have the outfit, we just need a name! Any suggestions?







Tonight was the NBA draft so I decided to put Eli in a Pacers outfit. Unfortunately we only have one and it is a bit small! Eli wore this outfit last year for the draft when he was 5 months and he wore it again tonight at almost 17 months old. It is 12 months size, but these kind of sports outfits always run small. Hopefully next year the new baby will be able to wear it and it will fit perfectly!

Draft 2008 5 months old

Draft 2009 almost 17 months old

3 comments:

Becky said...

Cute pictures, he's getting so big, glad he's feeling better!

Of course you have to consider, Payton for boys names.

Here's the list i had before i chose Nicholas:
Jonathan, Gage, Tristan, Jackup, Ryan, and Christopher. I have a baby name book i never used, if you want it i can send it to you, it's small and light.

Beth said...

Boys names are hard!

I do like Christopher, Logan, Noah, Nicholas, Andrew, William, Joseph, etc....

Beth said...

some good ideas in the comment section!

http://babypack.blogspot.com/2008/11/boy-names.html