Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Eli's Big Boy Shoes

I have been looking for new shoes for Eli for a few weeks now but I refuse to spend $40 on shoes that he will out grow in a few months. Up until now we have always been able to find shoes for around $10 or less. But this time I just wasn't having any luck. We even went to the mall this past Sunday and looked in each store that had shoes but didn't have any luck. I had checked Meijer and Target but didn't find anything in his size. They had cute shoes that weren't too expensive just not in a size 5. This morning I decided to try the Super Target near us and I found 2 pairs of shoes that I liked in Eli's size!!! One was $12 and the other was $7!!! 2 pairs of shoes under $20!!!!

He thought the string in between the shoes was pretty fun!


Last Thursday I had my 1 hour Glucose test to test for Gestational Diabetes. Yesterday I found out that I did not pass and have to go in this Friday for the dreaded 3 hour test. I am not at all surprised since I had GD with Eli but I was just hoping I wouldn't have to deal with it this time around. So for now I am just going to assume that I have it again and if the test comes back and I don't have it I will be pleasantly surprised! :-) But on the bright side I was instructed by the nurse that I need to eat 1 candy bar each day for 3 days before the 3 hour test. At least I get to eat candy, Doctor's orders!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Failed the test, that sucks big time!! I was so sure i would fail mine since diabetes does run in my family and i was about 25lbs or so overweight when i got pregnant! Good luck and enjoy those candy bars!

The shoes are so cute. I bought Nicholas a pair or boat looking shoes at Ol*d Na*vy a feews ago for $4. G thought it was a little early, but you can't beat $4. I loved their kids clothes and clearance, it's about 35 minutes or so from my house, but i think it's going to be worth the drive!

Irene said...

Awesome about the candy bars, but not awesome about having to deal with GD again. I hope you guys are doing well! I miss you guys!
p.s. Those shoes are too cute!

Beth said...

Love the shoes! What size did he get?

And I'm sorry about the glucose test! But happy about the candy bars :)