Thursday, August 13, 2009

Amnio and Induction Date

Today was my amnio and lets just say that I hope I never have to do that again. It was so uncomfortable and a little bit painful. The Dr told me that the higher up on the belly they have to go the more painful it is, well because of baby's position he had to stick the needle in at the very top of my belly. Thankfully it didn't last too long. I was also glad that they did an ultrasound during the entire procedure to make sure the needle was nowhere near my baby boy. After it was over I was hooked up to NST monitors to watch for contractions and watch his heartbeat. Everything looked great. We heard back from the Dr this afternoon that his lungs are fully developed and my induction has been scheduled for Saturday morning at 6:30 AM. I am very excited to meet this little one!!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Me too!!! can't wait!!

Irene said...

Yay Jenni!!!