Wednesday, August 5, 2009

36 Week Ultrasound!

Today I had an ultrasound to check on this little guys size. Well I don't know that I can say little guy. I am currently 36 weeks and he is measuring closer to 39 weeks and already weighs about 8 lbs. I was expecting him to be big because Eli was 8 lbs 3oz born at 37 weeks. Now I am just really hoping this little one comes soon. They also noticed during the ultrasound that my fluid level was a little high and they said that that could be an indication of Gestational Diabetes. So I go in on Monday to redo the 1 hour test. In the meantime I am supposed to eat like I have GD. Oh well, I did it for a couple of months with Eli, surely I can handle it for a week or 2. The Dr has also scheduled an amnio for next friday the 14th to check the babies lung maturity. If his lungs are mature we could possibly be induced next Saturday the 15th!!!! Or this baby could come on his own in the next week because I am already dialated 3 cm!!!!! I think my body must be getting ready. I would love for him to come on his own in the next week, but if not it is nice to know that he will be here so soon!!! I can't wait to meet him. He is such a cutie. I got some really good ultrasound pictures, even though he kept his hand infront of his face the entire time! He has chubby cheeks just like Eli! :-) I love it. I will try and figure out the scanner and get them on here tomorrow.

5 comments:

Becky said...

If you have your baby before me i will die!!! Just kidding!

The Narsinghani's said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Irene said...

Yay!!! Can't wait to see you tonight and meet the little dude sometime soon!!!

Maggie said...

Sounds like everything is getting ready! Not too long... :)

Beth said...

Can't wait to meet my new nephew!!!