Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

Easter didn't quite go as I had planned, but at least we got to see all of our family and share the big news in person. Unfortunately Eli didn't feel well. Luckily since our Easter was supposed to be so busy we decided to do our family Easter the night before. Eli enjoyed his Easter presents.


Sunday morning we got up and went to Mass with Mike's parents and sister. We then headed up to Fowler to see my family. We went to my dad's first and Eli seemed to be ok but by the time we left I could tell he wasn't feeling well. I took his temperature when we got to my mom's and it was 102. I knew that was too high to be his teeth. I gave him some Motrin and he perked up a little so he got to hunt for some Easter eggs. My mom loves to do the Easter Egg hunt for the kids, each grandkid had close to 70 eggs! Eli had fun for a few minutes and then he needed help from his cousins.
After he got his eggs I noticed he was still warm and his fever hadn't gone down so we decided to head home. Once we got home I checked his temperature and it was still at 102. I decided to give him a bath to try and break the fever. He was fine for about 5 minutes and then he started shivering and got so upset. After that we just rocked and watched Yo Gabba Gabba until bedtime. I took him to the Dr today and he has a right ear infection and a viral throat infection. Poor baby boy.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I hope litle man Eli is feeling better today. You look great in the picture!

Thanks for the big pillow suggestion you left me on my blog. My biggest issue is i have a queen size bed ( i so wish we had a king bed!) and it's hard for G to sleep with all my pillows everywhere, but the last few nights i have slept pretty good, just a few more months!