Monday, February 2, 2009

Eli's Birthday and Birthday Party!

Friday was Eli's First Birthday and Saturday we had a party for him. It was the best weekend ever. It could not have gone any better. Friday night Eli got to open his birthday presents from Mommy and Daddy. He had a blast. He played with each of his toys, but he had the most fun with his new ball pit!!

The Birthday Boy eating breakfast, Pancakes are his favorite!!


I can't believe my baby is one year old!

He loves his Yo Gabba Gabba toys!

Crawling with his new Dino

Eli and Daddy playing with his truck


He loves his ball pit!!



Reggie wanted to check it out too!!

Satudrday was the Birthday party and it was a blast. We had our family and a few friends over to celebrate. It couldn't have gone any better. We opened presents and then had cake and ice cream. Eli even got his own cake and he absolutely loved it!!!



Our Little Family!



The big cake



Eli's Little Cake!!

Opening presents with Mommy


Checking out our new truck from Grandma



Eli did such a great job with his cake. We sang happy birthday to him and then I put his little cake infront of him. At first he was a little stand offish. He touched his cake and then handed me the icing. He did this a few times and then I helped him have a taste and showed him how to get to the cake. Then he devoured the cake. He absolutely loved it. There wasn't anything standing when we stopped him. It was too cute.

This is when it really hit me that my baby is growing up and I couldn't hold back the tears


He was ready to go


Yummy!!



Two hands!!!

This is what the cake looked like in the end!


Time to get cleaned up!




After cake and ice cream Eli played for a little while and then I was able to sneak upstairs with him and I rocked him to sleep. I could tell he was exhausted. He is such a cuddler. Most of our family hung out to watch the Purdue game on TV. That evening Mike was going to the Pacer game with his Dad and my 2 brothers in law were also going to the game. So my sisters decided to stay and hang out. My mom was spending the weekend with me so it was all the girls and the kids. It was so much fun. We went to Monical's for dinner and when we came back we got all the kids in there pajamas and played Mario Kart on the Wii until the guys came home. It was so much fun. It really made for the perfect day!!! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family!!

Some of the cousins; Sunjay, Maya, Isaac, Eli, Grace, Lily, and Luke

The 3 boys of 2008

Me and my baby boy! (he will always be my baby)

Eli and his Godmother, Aunt Tracy

The end of the night wii party!!!

This was seriously the best Birthday Party! I wouldn't change anything. I am blessed to have such a wonderful family. They really helped to make Eli's birthday so special and my little boy deserves nothing but the best!!!!

3 comments:

Irene said...

So sad I missed out, it looked like he had a ton of fun! I'm feeling way better though, but still a little tired! We need to get together soon!

Becky said...

Thanks for the pictures, they are so cute!!!!! I'm feeling really crappy today so these beautiful pictures are just what i needed!! I'm hoping for a boy, but i kind of feel like i'm having a girl!!

Becky said...

Oh i forgot to tell you i finally did cut my mini schnazer's hair bt it came out so bad i can't show the pictures! I might try and touch it up some then post. All the fighting and fussing he did is almost worth the $45 the groomer charges!